Wednesday, April 26, 2023

I’m A Retriever

I’m A Retriever

(tune: I’m A Believer,
Neil Diamond (1966) Sung by The Monkees)



I wait all day for my boy to come home
Patience may well be my middle name
I want some fun and games
But only have dreams
Recreation is precious, so it seems

I’ll give a ball chase, ‘cause I’m a retriever
Anyplace you throw I will find
I’m your pup
I’m a retriever, tennis ball fever on my mind

You think fetch is more or less a trading game
You throw the ball and I bring it back
What’s the use of giving?
You’ll just throw again
Or try to trick me with a feign.

Let’s have a race, you overachiever,
Keep the pace running ‘round the yard
I’m your pup
I’m a retriever, tennis ball fever on my mind

Oh, you want to get my ball
Not as easy as it seems
You will only catch me in your dreams

Your turn to chase your speedy retriever
Lots of space where we can play
Got the ball
I’m a retriever but I won’t leave her at your feet

Yes, I got the ball ‘cause I’m a retriever
Won’t let it fall without some fun
Said, I’m a retriever, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Yeah, yeah, not a ball leaver
Said I’m a retriever. yeah, not a ball leaver
I said I’m a retriever, yeah, not a ball leaver

No comments:

Post a Comment